Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

16 April 2015

¡Feliz Cumpleaños!

In keeping with our family tradition, we’re in the middle of “birthday season” right now. In the afternoon, my Little People threw a “surprise party” for me, including a candy hunt, reading time, and (sweet!) gifts.


Since both JM and I had college classes in the evening, we celebrated with our FEBU Family.



¡No hay nada como la torta de cumple uruguaya!

Mis estudiantes favoritos...

Ayudando con la velita de cumple...

I’d rather not spend too much time thinking about how quickly time passes; I’d rather not count candles on a cake! The longer I live, however, the more I realize that the trials of this life help me appreciate the value of pausing to celebrate this life. And birthdays certainly serve as a reminder that this life is only a vapor.

So at the beginning of another year of life, I’m meditating on Psalm 90, praying as Moses did:
Let Your work appear to Your servants
And Your majesty to their children.
Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us;
And confirm for us the work of our hands;
Yes, confirm the work of our hands.

No comments: