Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

11 January 2016

Funnies & Firsts!

We recently allowed “seasoned salt” on our lunch table. Being unusual, it was very much a highlight for the younger members of our family.

All of a sudden, I noticed that DJ was talking about “a somersault” and then “a winter salt.” While I was still trying to process what he was saying, he suggested that the makers of the “season salt” [sic] should specify which season they mean for us to use their product in.

Meanwhile, E intentionally enjoys plays on words and what I call “Amelia Bedelia Humor” (in English) and “Sapo Ruperto Humor” (in Spanish). When we’re not rolling our eyes, we’re laughing with her...

We love to encourage their love for books!


This morning E got on a hired tour bus full of children going to EMU’s camp on the coast. This will be her first full week as a camper.

I already miss her!

DJ misses her, too. But he also decided to have a first milestone today!

I like this milestone – a lot!

[Abu Julia insisted that I get a picture – to show to his grandparents...]

No comments: