Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

29 September 2016

Spring Ladies’ Retreat in “33”

During the Ladies’ Retreat at Campamento Emanuel last October, I was invited to speak at the September retreat at Campamento Bethel in Treinta y Tres, about four hours northeast of Montevideo. So that’s where we spent the last half of last week. Because both E and DJ had Spring Break then, we were able to make this a family trip – though it wasn’t a vacation for me!

We enjoyed a spectacular sunrise on the way!

The scenery going northeast on Route 8, through Canelones, Lavalleja, and into Treinta y Tres, is some of our family’s favorite.

We enjoyed the flora and fauna in “33” as well.

Happy Campers!

On Friday afternoon we went to La Charqueada, about half an hour from the camp, where we hosted “Un Café para el Alma” – serving ladies from the area and generating Gospel-sharing opportunities.



While there in La Charqueada, DJ befriended a very gentle horse:

I love his little jump of joy!

The theme of the retreat was: “Meditaciones del Evangelio” with special emphasis on the truths of Romans 8:28-30 once again. The teaching was well received, and the fellowship was some of the sweetest I’ve ever enjoyed. I’m thankful.



This was my first time teaching with a Portuguese translator.
(She was good!)

The total attendance was about seventy, including about twenty from neighboring Brazil.


In JM’s words: “Great grace, excellent response, and beautiful days. Thank you for praying.”

No comments: