Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

30 November 2016

“Thankful Lists!”

This year E and DJ made “Thankful Lists” in group settings. E made yet another variation on a “Thankful Turkey” at a Ladies’ Tea that she and I attended in mid-November, and DJ made a “Thankful Pumpkin” right before Thanksgiving Break in his first grade class at BJA.

I love both ideas!

E’s list (written on the turkey feathers) includes:
paper
My Bible
school
My family
food  (This only applies to yummy food.)

DJ’s list (written on the pumpkin strips) says:
I am thankful for
My country
that I am a michinery [missionary]
salvation
My toys

I’m so thankful for all that these lists represent!


And it’s always fun to look back at lists from previous years!

[hand-print “Thankful Turkey” projects, varied from the previous year and done at home]

[hand-print “Thankful Turkey” projects, done at home]

[a spontaneous list, compiled at the dining room table]

[hand-prints “Thankful Turkey” project, done in Children’s Church]

[a spontaneous list, compiled in the car while driving home]

So much to be thankful for!

No comments: