Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

07 January 2017

“Moose Mud Muffins!”

Inspired by the book given to DJ by los Abu for Christmas, he and E have been requesting for days that we make “Moose Mud Muffins!”


Yesterday we adapted the recipe given in the book – and are enjoying the muffins immensely!


In addition to the four If You Give... stories, this “book treasury” includes recipes, songs, games, and even a “behind the scenes” glimpse of some outtakes from the artist’s sketchbook.


It’s a current read-aloud favorite in our family – and has already become a summer vacation bonus!

An added bonus for me was hearing DJ read the recipe instructions out loud to me as I mixed the dry and wet ingredients together. Hes becoming an accomplished reader far more quickly than I would have anticipated  and is a joy for my parent and teacher heart! J

No comments: