Sonidos Serranos

Sonidos Serranos: Sounds of the Sierras...
Reflecting some of my family's interests: God's wonderful creation (especially mountains and hills!), music, and language...

Psalm 121:1-2 (NASB)

I will lift up my eyes to the mountains;
From where shall my help come?
My help comes from the LORD,
Who made heaven and earth.

03 May 2017

“So it begins...”

Seeing both Little People like this – with noses buried in books – thrills my educator-mom heart!


Ironically, books can also be a major distraction from assigned schoolwork these days! (Ahem!)

We recently started reading Little House in the Big Woods. I remember how much E loved that book when she was about DJ’s current age!

She was so pleased when she saw the theme of this cake!



Actually, we recently found ourselves alternating between DJ’s current favorites – the Mice series (written and illustrated by Tim Davis) – and Tolkien.

E was more than a little taken aback by the length of Tolkien’s “Prologue” in The Fellowship of the Ring; as fans know, he provides great detail in his building of Middle Earth.

When I pointed out that fact, DJ thought for just a moment and then commented:

“That’s why I prefer Davis these days!”

(That is, Tim Davis of the Mice series, his gift on the Twelfth Day of Christmas this year!) 😎

These are wonderfully hard to put down for early readers!

No comments: